A nephrologist in Delhi, India is a medical practitioner specialized in examining the kidneys and diagnosing the diseases related to them. “Nephros” is a Greek word which means kidney or renal, whereas, the term “ologist” refers to someone who studies the specific field of medical science. The Nephrologists complete their learning in internal medicine and then undergo a training session to enhance their skills to become a specialized doctor in diagnosing the kidney-related diseases. The common conditions that are examined and treated by the nephrologists are polycystic kidney disease (PKD), chronic kidney disease (CKD), kidney stones, acute renal failure, and high blood pressure. Some doctors also specialize in kidney transplantation and dialysis.
When to see a nephrologist in India?
A person is said to be a candidate to consult the nephrologist when he is experiencing or having:
- Acute renal failure
- Augmented drop in kidney function
- Chronic kidney disease reached to stage 4 or 5
- Chronic urinary tract infections
- Frequent urinary tract infections even after certain medications
- A Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) at a level of 30 or below
- Reoccurrence of kidney stones after the complete treatment
- High blood pressure not responding to certain medications
- Blood clots in the urine
- Protein loss in the urine