The choice between hemo or peritoneal dialysis is influenced by a number of considerations such as availability, convenience, underlying medical problems, home situation, and age. TKS provides peritoneal dialysis treatment and peritoneal water dialysis treatment.
When to start Dialysis?
It is recommended that dialysis begin well before kidney disease has advanced to the point where life-threatening complications affecting the brain, heart lungs occur. If one starts dialysis very late, then the quality of life is not significantly improved even after receiving regular dialysis.
Emergency Dialysis is usually given when
- Blood tests reveal very high BUN/ Serum Creatinine
- Patient has severe shortness of breath due to
- Fluid Overload
- Severe metabolic acidosis
- Life-threatening Hyperkalemia(high potassium levels in blood)
- Bleeding diathesis due to uremia
- Pericarditis, i.e. fluid collection around the heart
- A patient is in altered mental state or has motor weakness due to an involvement of nerves.
However patient advised to for early dialysis electively and not to wait for an emergency, as the emergency dialysis has much higher mortality and morbidity risks.
Kidney Total Care India is the excellent clinic for the treatment of diseases of the kidney. Dr. Sunil Prakash is the best nephrologist in Delhi, India. His nephrology and renal services are world-class and he is awarded many a time for his unique achievements.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of kidney stones, infection or you have been diagnosed with any problem related to kidney, please call us or book an appointment with Dr. Sunil Prakash. He is certified and leading kidney specialist in Delhi, India.